Saturday, March 18, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2712

Slept off an on until 0730, got in 2:30 fasted of alternating burpee broad jumps and sprawls onto a slam ball/slamming it on the return.  Good "primal" workout, and got in my jumps and throws.

Before my cheat meal, I ran this iteration of Monument to Non-existence to completely deplete whatever glycogen I had left



10 thrusters
20 front squats
30 squats
20 zerchers
40 deadlifts

All with 135lbs.  No set down for any lifts, which I think is awesome.  First time doing zercher squats: they really torch the quads.  I can see them working into this protocol sometime.

Cheat-ish meal was Orange Chicken, Honey Walnut Shrimp, broccoli, half my fried rice and some of my wife's chow mein at Panda Express.  Next 2 hours after that, felt like I got hit by a bomb.  Definitely putting the Indigo-3g to the test with these meals, and I can tell how carb sensitive I am these days.  My food relationship is fantastic though.  I wasn't binge eating, but was savoring each bite, enjoying it, and felt zero compulsion to eat all my rice simply because "it was there".  I am thinking I may need to ease a bit more back into carbs though, and aim for less processed stuff if I have the chance on a weekend.  I legit love sweet potatoes: wouldn't mind just having some of those sometime.

Finished out with a daily work workout.  Got in 50 chins, 50 dips, 100 pull aparts, 25 pushdowns, 25 band curls, and 20 standing ab wheels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment