Wednesday, March 22, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2715

AM WORKOUT (0430 natural wake up) FASTED

5+ mile run

Time: 54-ish minutes


Notes:

* First significant distance run in about a year. Wasn’t setting any landspeed records there, but I put myself behind a ton of 8-balls as well.  First thing in the morning, fasted, and I breathed through my nose for the entire run.  I do these things to keep myself from pushing stupidly hard and blowing myself out.  My cardiovascular system had zero issues with this, breathing staying normal the whole time, heart rate wasn’t pounding.  Big test was to see how all the small running muscles would hold up, and minus a few moments of some knee aches here and there, it felt solid.  My calves are feeling tight right now, but that’s pretty common for me.  This gave me confidence in my ability to gut out the 10 miler when the time comes.  I think a later show time with some food in my gut will go a long way.

* Fasted, because of course.  But it made the larger serving of protein oatmeal afterwards all the better.

* Tang Soo Do later tonight, and probably more jump/throw conditioning.


PM workout was another tabata go of odd round slam ball burpee slams even round burpee broad jumps and bear crawls on the 10 second between.  There is some real magic there.

No comments:

Post a Comment