Wednesday, March 1, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2695

AM WORKOUT (0345 wake up via alarm)

**SUPER SQUATS** Workout 17

Axle strict press from rack
3x7x181


Axle rows
2x10x233


Breathing Squats/Pull-overs
33+7x315/20x20





**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**
**ASSISTANCE**

160x20 DB flat bench

25 pushdowns 

25 band curls


Notes:

* I had higher ambitions, but that 20x405 still takes from me.  In particular, my right knee is absolutely bungled and my right hip cannot lockout at the top.  The latter was the biggest issue: it meant I couldn’t “rest” during my 3 deep breaths.  Instead of being able to lockout and hold the load on my skeletal structure, I had to stay “soft-locked” and keep the weight on my muscles.  This rapidly fatigued me.  My technique was just a mess too: it was legit rep 22 where I FINALLY felt like I hit a good rep.  But as far as effort goes, as far as doing the kind of training that gets results goes, this was a total win.  I’m proud of myself for coming back and getting those 7 other squats, and think it’s funny how I’m absolutely melting down before that 34th rep, and suddenly my body finds peace.  I am a thing that squats.  That’s all my body knows.  In truth, I could have gotten in more than that 7th additional rep, but I also know that I was digging WAY deep into that well for it.

* In that regard, I am flat out NOT recovering from training, and there is not enough food in the world to fix that.  I have found my limits, and they are in the second round of Super Squats, week 6.  Now, yes, I could probably help myself by not doing the conditioning between workouts, but so much of that is just active recovery at this point.  I’m not pushing the throttle on that stuff at all, and honestly picking the movements that cause the least pain.  I’m seeing decline on my strict press numbers and just feeling beat to hell.  None of this is a bad thing at all: it’s awesome I found this limit.  I’m glad I pushed this hard.  And with it, I’m discovering new ways to make Super Squats sustainable for longer runs.  Consistently taking 400~lbs for 20 rep rides is just a LOT to put on a not quite 200lb body.

* Last night’s gastrointestinal offensive had minimal impact.  Good to know I can still eat “off menu” on occasion and not experience negatives.  I am excited about being able to dial things back in for a few weeks and simplify.  I’ve snuck little bits of junk in here and there to keep up with demand.  Great time for Girl Scout cookie season though.

* Pinched a nerve in my neck/upper back on the very first rep of presses.  Big part of that was pressing out of the rack.  Feels so alien now, but trying to clean the axle made my hip angry, and I wanted to save as much energy as I could for that squat.

* Tang Soo Do tonight, and will try to do some conditioning with some deadlifts in it to compensate for the lack of them in the training.  Once that squat set was done, so was I.   Getting in that assistance DB flat bench was a miracle.

PM workout was getting in 15x301 axle SLDL and then doing a tabata burpee axle deadlift with 123lbs to make up for some lost volume.  

No comments:

Post a Comment