Friday, March 31, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2724

AM WORKOUT (0425 natural wake up)

**5/3/1 KRYPTEIA PHASE 1** Workout 12



Texas Deadlift Bar
5x155
5x295
5x345
5x395
5x435
5x5x345

Weighted chins
5x10x35lb

Weighted dips
5x10x115

50 pull aparts

Time: Sub 44 minutes

50 pull aparts
25 pushdowns
25 band curls
20 standing ab wheels



Notes:

* This is a great way to cap off this phase of the program.  I got all workouts done in under 45 minutes.  Today really stretched it, and I cut out a warm-up set as part of that, but I’m also moving intentionally slow to work around my buggy hip and keep my recovered lat/tricep tear in tact.  I had to change my pulling style as a result, cutting out my “fishing rod” deadlift technique and very slowly and intentionally breaking off the floor.  The time with the ale is invaluable in that regard, because you really have no choice, and it carries over well here.

* In that regard, I’m feeling MUCH better right now than I anticipated I would after this workout.  I was honestly dreading it a bit, but because deads usually beat the hell out of my hips.  It’s good to know I have a way forward, especially considering this is the heaviest I’ve pulled in a LONG time.  I’m far away from my best, but given all the crap I’ve had to deal with, it’s good to still have this effort in me.  And also good to know there’s a way forward and a light.

* The chins were too heavy, but with it being the final workout of the phase I was ok with that.  Most likely could have moved faster with appropriate load.  Dips were awesome.  I’ve got some forearm pain again, and it coincides with the week I do heavy buffalo bar squatting.  Movement rotation is the way forward.

* Would have liked to get in a little more work afterwards, but schedule was tight.  I was breathing hard at the end there, this is having a conditioning impact, and these days I’m prioritizing sleeping and healing.  I went years without doing that: all things in phases.

* Stepped on the scale and was 190.0.  I’m down 11lbs in 29 days.  And that’s WITHOUT intending to lose fat.  This has been stupidly easy and simple to accomplish, and my strength and muscle has held VERY well.  And it’s been with “family man” compliance.  Just great to have something work so well.

* In that regard, the next 2 weeks will be “high compliance” weeks.  Wife goes away for a weeklong work trip on Sunday, which means I’ll have no lunch buddy during the week, so I’ll most likely just stick with shakes for lunch.  After that, I start a long block of 12s, which will mean no lunches again, and more shakes for the mid-day meals.  May see some real crazy results in that capacity.  Definitely planning on having an Easter feast on the appropriate Sunday, and when I get to have dinner I’ll make sure to eat well and get in what I need.


PM WORKOUT

Tabata slam ball burpee slams/jumps/crawls

No comments:

Post a Comment