Wednesday, March 8, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2702

AM WORKOUT (0458 natural wake up) FASTED

**HIGH SPEED/LOW DRAG DELOAD**

8 rounds of

* 6 burpee chins
* Run around the block

w/15lb vest in 30 minutes


Notes:

* Technically, the last round didn’t include a round around the block but a mini hill sprint.  I finished the burpee chins with 1:40 left, so I ran the last part of the block, which is a slight incline.  Interesting morning though, as I felt like I was dogging the run portion but, by all accounts, I was getting it done quicker, and that’s with added weight.  May be a demonstration of improved proficiency at the run.  Getting better means not having to work as hard, which means not feeling like I’m trying.  Similar to Dan John’s “be inefficient for fat loss” thing.  Also, I gotta appreciate my “Milo of Croton” approach to this deload.

* The “rain” that was forecast was more a heavy mist/annoying drizzle, so no need for the contingency plan.  It DID mean I ran a little more cautiously, to keep from slipping, but that’s about it.  My right shoulder started to bug me a little bit in the later half: I think the vest was interrupting my natural stroke on the push up of the burpee and putting weird stress on things.  Nothing too huge.  Still dealing with that pinched nerve in my back from a week ago.  Only really bothers me when I sit at the table to eat and when I drive.

* Tang Soo Do sparring night tonight, which is typically a decent cardio workout.  Still wanna get in short burst conditioning of some variety.  

* Deload cntinues to have its intended effect: I am champing at the bit to move some weight.  Body is healing, I’m sleeping a ton, and I’m hungry to train.

* I wrote recently about how we had a family death.  My wife’s Uncle passed.  That’s, of course, tragic, but he was a prolific hunter and had finished up the season prior to his passing.  In turn, his family found themselves with an abundance of meat and no one to consume it, so we’ve inherited a lot of wild venison alongside some beef steaks (ribeye, sirloin and t-bone).  I’m excited to have an opportunity to include game meat into the diet.  


PM workout

Tabata intervals of DKB clean and press w/24kg bells during the 20s and KB burpees during the 10s.  Hit hard, but not killer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment