Thursday, March 9, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2703

AM WORKOUT (0445 natural wake up) FASTED

**HIGH SPEED/LOW DRAG DELOAD**

7 rounds in 30 minutes of

* 5 burpee chins
* “Run” around the block

w/20lb vest


Notes:

* It was snowing during the workout.  Big, heavy fluffy flakes, but the issue was that traction during the run was compromised, so I wasn’t able to push the pace as hard as I’d care to.  The vest was a bit of a boon there, as it naturally slowed me down.  My heart and lungs weren’t really taxed today, but my body was experiencing fatigue throughout.  This experiment has been interesting in that regard.  I feel like I’ve done a good job of prepping my body for the various stages of fatigue it will experience over the course of a long run.

* Nutrition remains strong.  I’m honestly thinking this might be my new deload protocol if nothing else.  It’s been awesome to just hit the reset button.  Guts feel fantastic, I feel lighter, I’m not walking around bloated and full, clothes fit better, etc.  Only real negative is just how flat I am from the lack of carbs, but it’s also been nice to just rush to THAT part of the process too.  I am planning on engaging in the “rampage” and getting in some carbs for a meal at some point this weekend.

* Decent sparring night at Tang Soo Do last night.  Actually got to spar the instructor rather than the senior student, which actually gave me an opportunity to play around with some stuff.  As I advance in rank, I’m allowing myself to bring in more things from my background, which the instructor seems to appreciate for the challenge they present.  My flexibility has really improved throughout this, as headkicks are becoming more and more regular.  I still don’t care for the bad habits that this sparring format promotes, but I’m too damn old to be fighting at this point anyway.


PM WORKOUT

TABEARTA, 3 complexes per round

50 dips
20 standing ab wheels
40 reverse hypers
30 GHRs
50 band pull aparts
25 pushdowns
25 curls

Notes: 

* "Welcome back Frank".  3 per round was brutal, my knees still don't wanna squat and my heart and lungs ache.  It's good to be coming back.  Rest of it was daily work, which I've been prioritizing again.  Let it slide during Super Squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment