Tuesday, March 7, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2701

AM WORKOUT (0450 natural wake up) FASTED

**HIGH SPEED/LOW DRAG DELOAD**

7 rounds of

* 7 burpee chins
* Run around the block

W/10lb vest in 30 minutes

30 GHRs


Notes: 

* The full workout actually had me finish the 7th round with about 1:40 left, so I got in 7 more burpee chins and then did prisoner squats until the timer expired.  But the REAL cool story is that my lats have grown so much since the last time I wore my weighted vest that it was actually restricting my breathing when I went to run my first last.  My lungs would run into the vest and couldn’t fully expand.  I don’t know much about cardio, but I’ve known enough dudes with broken ribs that gave themselves all sorts of complications by wrapping up and restricting their breathing to know that this was a SUPER bad idea, so after that first lap I loosened the vest a touch.  And hey: maybe this means that “rib box expansion” thing from Super Squats might actually have some merit…

* Running is feeling more natural.  Still trying my best to keep an uncomfortable pace through it all.  It’s too easy for me to dog it if I let myself.

* It’s taking everything in my power NOT to absolutely self-destruct during this deload.  I feel awesome, and that’s the point.   Let the healing happen so I can tear into the next phase.


PM WORKOUT

30 DKB clean and press in 2 minutes flat

In-laws were coming over, so went with something a little quick.  Still trying to save my knees still, but the temptation to go full ABCs is there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment