Friday, March 24, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2717

AM WORKOUT (0430 natural wake up)

**5/3/1 KRYPTEIA PHASE 1** Workout 8





Axle deadlift
5x136
5x226
5x296
5x346
5x401
5x5x301


Weighted chins
5x10x30

Weighted dips
5x10x105

Time: Sub 33 Minutes

2x50 band pull aparts
20 standing ab wheels
25 pushdowns
25 band curls


Notes:

* Really struggled on the training motivation for this one this morning.  Was contemplating shifting this workout to Saturday and turning this into a conditioning workout.  Legit, the only thing that kept me from doing that was knowing that it would compromise time with my family on the weekend.  I “ate my veggies” and got this done.  In turn, despite my previous bloviating, instead of making this 5x5/3/1, I stuck with the plan and made it a goal to get it done as quick as possible.  I’m thinking that’s the right call for Krypteia’s 5s week vs my typical approach of finding ways to make 5s week difficult.  I mean, EVERY workout should be done as quick as possible, sure, but the potential to set some speed records is definitely here.

* I am really healed up from the damage I did during Super Squats.  Right knee feels great, shoulders and elbows are good, right hip was coming around today.  That pinched nerve in the upper back has been VERY slow to heal, but it’s moving in the right direction.  Ultimately, this has been a good training direction for me.  The focus on the assistance work has been a good challenge as well.  I’m crushing those weighted dips, whereas in Super Squats it was breaking me apart.

* Stepped on the scale after my shower and saw 192.4.  That’s about 8.5lbs lost in 22 days with not-so-strict compliance on the Apex Predator Diet as a result of family visits/living.  And considering weight loss hasn’t even been the goal, that’s pretty amazing.  Also not a true “empty stomach” weigh in, since I had my shake before training, but close enough.  Also the fact I can step on a scale in general is pretty awesome.  Lots of healing going on.  


PM WORKOUT (1530)

21 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24 kg bells.  Took it slow and smooth, since it's been a while.  Still a solid gasser. 


Tang Soo Do was a solid workout.  I we had to do 60 push ups, 60 sit ups and 60 jumping jacks at one point.  The senior student said "I wanna do 70!".  I called him out on it and said we'd do them after class together.  He thought I was bluffing.

You know how this story went.

I enforced a standard of our chest touching a foam pad on each rep.  He got exactly zero after 4 attempts and decided he didn't wanna do any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment