Tuesday, March 28, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2721


AM WORKOUT (0405 natural wake up, hard to sleep later)


**5/3/1 KRYPTEIA PHASE 1​​** Workout 10



Log clean and strict press away

5xLog
5x160
5x180
5x200

Axle clean and strict press away
5x5x161

KB Goblet Squat
5x10x40kg

DB SLDL w/shrug at top of each rep
5x10x110s

Time: Sub 28 minutes

4x50 pull aparts
116 Poundstone Curls
25 pushdowns

Circuit of 30 axle shrugs w/strong short bands into 60x180 reverse hyper into 20 standing ab wheels into 30 GHRs


Notes:

* Felt strong on this today.  Only real detractor was my hip giving me some slight lockout issues on the top with the log, but otherwise no headspins and weighted moved smooth.

* Logistics are getting tricky between DBs and KBs.  Goblet squatting with a competition KB is a little unique but not insurmountable.  I'll only need to do 1 more workout in this style before switching to the Famine protocol, so I'll probably just keep the weights the same to make my life simpler.

* Woke up earlier, so got in more work.  Mind was racing, and honestly just about training.  I'm excited about the new protocol and figuring out how to make it work.


PM workout was Tabata slamball burpee slams/burpee broad jumps w/bear crawls during the 10s.  Still classic.


I actually reached out to Jamie Lewis directly to ask if he would be ok with me recording full footage of the workouts from his book and he was totally cool with it.  Dude is legit.  So I'll be releasing that next week when I start up.

No comments:

Post a Comment