Wednesday, November 1, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3094

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 2, Workout 3





(7)Axle mat pulls w/rest pause

5+3+3x406


20 minutes of KB ladders (2-3-5-10) w/20kg bells

115 total reps accomplished, 1 chin between each set of the ladder


Breathing Squats w/pullovers

20x240





Poundstone Curls

100xAxle


Breakfast


50lb weight vest walk w/wolf


Notes:


* Something of a dealer’s choice.  Heavy pulls are the one thing I’m lacking, so this slotted in.  Still hard for me to be at peace with how low my dead is these days, but I weighed in at 172.4 this morning, which is 30lbs below my “ideal” weight for heavy pulling, so that’s something I have to keep in mind.  This is a new body, and it works differently.  I can still hit the redline like I used to: the outcome is just less.


* I was pleased that, despite only getting 5 on the first pull, I managed triples on the follow-up.  I think that speaks more toward a lack of proficiency.  The axle is always a brutal choice too, and it snagged a little on my clothing.


* Original plan was some “Super Good Mornings”, but after the pulls and cleans my back was fried.  You can see me in the video setting up with 175lbs for what SHOULD be a warm-up rep and my body just flat out saying “no” twice.  Interestingly enough, these were the best the squats have felt since starting the program.  Knees were very pliable and springy.


* Satisfied with the density of the KB pressing.  Good use of the 20 minutes, and makes this approach pretty viable.


* You can hear the timer going off for a full minute on the Poundstone curls.  I violated my own standard, but it was worth it to get in the full 100.


* Upped the weight on the vest.  Making the most of the cold weather: if I can’t get a tan anymore, I may as well move some weight on these walks.


* I’m looking very lean at 172.  I’m shedding water, and my fingers in particular are showing that, as my rings are practically sliding off, which, in turn, leads me to believe that the bump up in weight I’m seeing is a sign of lean tissue growth.  Always a good thing: I could stand to have some more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment