Friday, November 3, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3096

AM WORKOUT (0425 natural wake up)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 2, Workout 5





**40 minutes of overhead work**

SUPERSET (press-row)


Log clean and strict press away
3x155
3x165
2x175 (log drifted away on the third rep)

DB row
3x6x115

GIANT SETS (press-chin/abs-pull aparts)

Log clean and strict press away
10x3x155

Chins
5x6

Standing Wheel of Pain
5x6

Band pull aparts
10x10

Log clean and push press away
4x155
Reps of 105 and 100


**10% Corollary**

Breathing squats w/pullovers

20x245




Lateral raise stripset until time runs out

Breakfast

50lb weighted vest walk w/wolf


Notes:

* Feeling absolutely hammered from the combination of famine and yesterday’s workout.  I like ending the week with this one.  “Chaos is the Plan”, and Tues-Thurs are the most chaotic days of the plan, but Mon and Fri are far more predictable, and there is solace walking into the gym and knowing what I am going to do.

* Log drifted away from me on the topset of 175.  Felt strong enough to have gotten it otherwise.  Minor headspins on the first set of 155.  Gonna attribute that to low calories.  I’m definitely famine lean already, so that’s a positive.   I also have QUITE the feast lined up for Veteran’s Day weekend (weekend after next).  We’re hitting up Texas De Brazil again on Sat, and Mrs is putting on another practice Thanksgiving on Sun.  That will be an excellent way to kickstart the feasting block, and plenty of fuel for gaining.  I’ll actually be hunting for the first time in my life from 15-17 Nov as well, which may in and of itself result in a mini-famine during the hunting days followed by feasting afterwards, so suffice it to say this is going to be an interesting and chaotic training block.

* Managed to get in a little extra overhead work with the extra time.  Meanwhile, the squats continue to be deceptive.  All is well until rep 16, and suddenly the gravity hits HARD.  Still not quite the full body murder I’d experience when I was low bar squatting, but I feel like this will make the protocol a bit more sustainable, especially over a longer duration.

* Brought the vest back out for the walk this morning.  It was exhausting, but I felt ready enough for it.


2 comments:

  1. Do you like the Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding MythicalStrength? Seems comprehensive but I don't think you usually recommend it in your standard recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it all the way through to be able to say.

      Delete