Monday, November 27, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3119

AM WORKOUT (0417 natural wake up, good night of sleep)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 6, Workout 1





*40 Minutes of Mainwork*


SUPERSET (press-chin)


Log clean and strict press away

3x165

3x175

2x185


Chins w/chains

3x7


GIANT SET CIRCUIT (press-chin/abs-pull)


Log clean and strict press away

10x3x165


Chins

1x10

4x9


Standing Wheel of Pain

1x10

3x9


Band pull aparts

10x14


Neck harness


*10% Corollary*


Breathing Squats w/pullovers

20x235+chains





Poundstone curls

100xAxle


Lateral raise stripset

5x20

10x10

15x5

20x2.5

25xEmpty hands


25 pushdowns



BREAKFAST


Walk w/wolf while wearing 50lb vest



Notes:


* The log performance continues to improve.  Was feeling very strong for it today, minus a headspin on the second rep of the first workset.  I wasn’t moving super fast this workout, taking my time to get set as the weight continues to climb, but I was crushing the lifts.  I’m going more Hepburn style with the assistance, adding a single rep total each workout vs per set, as I’m starting to reach a point where the assistance is taking more than it gives.  


* The squats were absolutely in the right spot for effort.  That’s technically a 3 rep drop off from previous efforts, but previous efforts were set later in the day, with meals in me, and first thing in the workout.  This was done AFTER 40 minutes of log work and it definitely showed.  My right knee was getting a little tricky on me, and during my 30 minutes of keg pressing workout last week I felt it twinge a little, so I had to slow things down a touch and decided to rack at 20.  As you can see from my body’s response, it was the right call.  And once again: I had a carb up meal last night and find it a little harder to push the next day.  I feel like it’s a sure sign I’ve become fat adapted rather than a sugar burner, and, in turn, when I don’t have enough fuel in me, it shows.


* It’s gotten cold.  We had our first real snowfall yesterday, and it was 17 degrees when I was walking the wolf.  I prefer the cold, but it does suck that I get less sun exposure now.

* In general, pleased with how this all went, especially this far into the program.  

* Bought a rash guard for my grappling tournament on Sunday.  It snuck up on me.  Thinking about doing some steak and eggs the night before the fuel for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment