Monday, November 20, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3112

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm)





**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 5, Workout 1


*40 minutes of overhead*


SUPER SET (press-chin)


Axle continental and strict press away

5x156

3x161

4x161


Chins w/chains

3x6


GIANT SETS (press-chin/ab-pull)


Axle clean and strict press away

5x10x118


Axle clean each rep and strict press

5x5x118


Chins

5x9


Wheel of Pain

4x9


Band pull aparts

9x13


*10% Corollary*


Breathing Squats w/pullovers

15+5x280


25 Conan Curls

25 pushdowns

10 Tree of Woe shrugs


BREAKFAST

50lb weighted vest walk with the wolf


Notes:


* Gravity was turned on high this morning.  Because my schedule was all screwy last week, I was training a bit harder on the weekends than I usually do, and between that and the wild swing in nutrition, I imagine I rolled into this morning not quite as fresh as usual.  Those squats in particular snuck up on me.  I’m experiencing that same Super Squats hip pain on my right side that I had last year, which I need to be mindful of, since it took a LONG time to heal from that, but part of me thinks when I get my nutrition back to animal fuels it might sort out.  


* On the topic of the squats: I have an abundance of ways to succeed from here.  I’m in the 5th week of the program, which is a good run so far, and the OG strategy was to only do the squats twice a week anyway, so there’s room to play.  I’m thinking about dropping bar weight and adding chains, and going for reps beyond 20.  I might also do the SSB but with hands on the bar vs the handles, as that’s pretty brutal.  There’s also a possibility of changing gears and going MMS, putting bodyweight on the bar and just going for max reps.  Too many ways to win.


* I’m not able to get as much done in 40 minute as before, but I realize it’s because I’m adding reps as I go to the assistance work, which is going to eat into the main work.  Funny how it all balances out.


* Video is being screwy: will post it later.


* Something I'm needing to capture: I was really flat and lost a lot of definition when I was leaning really hard into the protein sparing modified fast, and since focusing on really upping the dietary fats I've noticed myself being far more defined and bulbous.  There's a few things I feel to take from this.  One is that I am most likely "fat adapted" at this point, which could explain why this morning's performance was a little subpar when I had just had a higher carb meal leading up to it.  The other is to ponder if the right call is to skip the protein sparing modified fasting (famines) OR if the famines prep me such that when I DO feast I'm able to really thrive.  I'm inclined to believe the latter over the former.  I feel like the sparse periods prep my body to really make solid use of these windows of high intake, but maybe it'd be worthwhile sometime to see how far I could push a high fat nutrition phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment