Wednesday, November 15, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3107

Today was pretty wild.  Small family medical emergency.  Everything is fine, but my plans to go hunting over Wed/Thurs/Fri have turned into possibly just Friday.  While tending to the family, training got chunked out over the day.


AM WORKOUT (0623 natural wake up)

100 20kg KB throws in 5 minutes.


AM WORKOUT (1000)

20x270 Breathing Squats w/pullovers




PM WORKOUT (1400)

140 reps of 20kg double kettlebell clean once and strict press away in 20 minutes using Dan John's Ladders (2-3-5-10)



300 prisoner squats and push ups using Dan John's ladders


Notes:

* 25 minutes of overhead today: I'm happy with that.  It's fun to see what we prioritize when time gets compressed.  I knew I wanted to get in the breathing squats today, and anything beyond that was gravy, but I had the 5 minutes first thing this morning and made it worth my while.  The DKB workout was great, and always a victory to get in the daily 300.  A walk would have been nice, but I didn't want to be away from home for anything.

* It's worth appreciating that I have been putting weights over my head 5-7 days a week for almost a month now, and I just keep improving.  140 reps is a 25 rep density PR.  There is no overtraining: just undereating.  Speaking of...

* I made a fantastic lunch and dinner given my circumstances.  I just thawed some stuff out of my freezer in the morning and hit it up on the air fryer.  Lunch was lambchops, egg whites and pork cracklin, and dinner was pork ribs and more egg whites, both with a side of grassfed sour cream.









No comments:

Post a Comment