Monday, November 13, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3105

AM WORKOUT (0445 natural wake up, day off work so I got to sleep in)

**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 4, Workout 1



*40 Minutes of Overhead*

SUPERSET (Press-chin)

Log clean and strict press away
3x160
3x170
3x180

Chins w/chains
3x5

GIANT SETS (press-chin/ab-pull)

Log clean and strict press away
12x3x160

Chins
5x9

Wheel of Pain
5x9

Pull aparts
10x12

Neck work
2 sets

*10% Corollary*

Breathing Squats w/pullovers
20x265



25 Conan Curls
25 push downs
12 Tree of Woe shrugs
Lateral raises

CONTINUE FASTING/SKIP BREAKFAST

Long walk w/wolf while wearing 50lb vest


Notes:

* Since I didn't get this workout done last week, I decided to just carry it into this one.  This week itself is going to be unique, as I'll be hunting on Wed-Thurs-Fri and there is a fair chance my training will get compromised on those dates.  But, with Chaos being the plan, that works perfectly.

* This is the strongest I've been on the log in a while, which I absolutely attribute to the approximately 300g of protein I ate in one sitting the afternoon before.  I've been fasting since that meal, not out of martyrdom but out of sheer fullness.  I'm basically going to wait until hunger returns before I eat again, which at this point is looking like a 24 hour fast at least.  Meanwhile, still trained like an absolute animal.

* The first squat is ALWAYS so rough and ugly, and it's usually by about rep 7 that I'm finally feeling pretty good and smooth.  Funny that.  Definitely hitting the challenge on these.  This isn't supposed to be Super Squats, but if I keep doing this 3x a week, what else is it really?

* I'm definitely seeing myself fill out from the training and eating.  It's a great season for feasting.  I'll need to weigh myself at some point when my weight has settled so I have an idea of what weight class I'll be in for the grappling tournament.  I've been eating big now, but it'll be light rations while I'm hunting.

* Since I had the day off, I went on a slightly longer walk with the wolf.

* This new shirt design from Irongods is so over the top and I absolutely love it.  Can't wait for it to drop.




No comments:

Post a Comment