Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2069


AM WORKOUT


Went to a monthly check-up with the physical therapist this morning. ROM is 100%, everything is great, but the biggest news is that they were able to completely cure the tendonitis in my knee using an acupuncture needle and some electrical stimulus. It was pretty intense; leg was spasming hard involuntarily, but when it was all said and done, I was pain free for the first time in months.

Later, hit a gripper workout

5x #2x.5

50 seconds x #2

10x #2

50 seconds x #1

30x #1

60 Seconds x Trainer

25xTrainer

Notes: Timed holds really paid off. Went from unable to close the 2.5 to a solid 4 reps with a slight assist on the 5th. Glad I can figure out how to trouble shoot the issue.





PM WORKOUT


Seated chain suspended SSB good mornings
5xBar
5x115
5x155
5x205
5x245
3x295
1x335
1x385
1x385


https://youtu.be/5L20g8mcD8M


Notes: This was the definition of max effort. The first time I hit 385, it was a battle, with my ears ringing and head spinning.  When I hit it a second time, it was crazy.  My MP3 started skipping again, vision blurred, and I basically was autopiloting.  I "came to" in the middle of unloading plates off the bar.  Though I've done more weight on this movement, it was with less ROM, so this is a huge PR.  That said, I'm starting to straddle that line between training and testing.


Axle deadlifts 66lbs
1x150


Notes: Heavier axle/more weight, so restarting at 150.


Blast strap fallouts
1x110


(5) SSB Box squats
1x50


General notes: Woke up at 191.4 this morning.  Doubled up on pop-tarts, weight has been dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment