Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2117




AM WORKOUT


Axle bench
5xAxle
5x75
5x115
5x165
5x200
5x230
16x260
23x200




Notes: Wore my HD elbow sleeves to take some pressure off the right elbow, and it seemed to help.  The FSL would've been even crazier, but I misgripped the axle at the start and my left hand was in much closer than my right, so it was uneven.  The weight was still just flying off my chest, and with a better set-up I imagine I woulda been further into the 20s, but I'll take that as a bad set.




DB hammer curls 45
5x10




DB lateral raise 10
5x15




Notes: Performed in between sets of benching.




Incline DB bench DROPSET/rest pause
(4)1x20
(3)1x12
(2)1x9
(1)1x9
(0)1x9




Notes: I'm stopping at 20 on the first set just to be able to get in a few more quality reps on the latter sets.  Arms were fatiguing before chest or delts on this; might start cutting the rep range a touch.






Chins for 5 minutes (all sorts of grips)
72




Notes: Taking time away from heavy vertical pulling to rest up my elbow, and this seemed to work well.  About a year ago, I could only do 53 in 5 minutes, so this is nice progress.






T-bar row DROPSET
10x5plates
11x4plates
12x3plates
13x2plates
14x1plate






General notes: Woke up at 197.2.  Crazy spike on weight, most likely just sodium.



PM WORKOUT


Treadmill
Running 30 minutes at 8mph
Incline 1.5


Notes: Going to slowly work back up to 3 and then see where I want to go from there.  My wife has noted that my running style has improved simply by nature of not thudding as loudly on every footfall, but part of me thinks that the raising incline is meeting my feet.  Either way I'll take it.  Running immediately post squat day is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment