Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2124

Axle bench
5xAxle
5x75
5x115
5x165
3x215
3x245
13x275
19x215


Notes: Bit of an off day today.  Shoulders were feeling jacked up.  It dawned on me that it's most likely the impact of returning to squatting again.  I've been using the safety squat bar this entire time, and I've lost a bit of the mobility needed to hold the bar.  Even with the buffalo bar, it's still a little taxing. Worth noting, when I hit the highest bench ever in a powerlifting meet, I was only squatting with the safety squat bar.  It seems pretty obvious to me now that, if I want to prioritize press, my best bet is to lay off the barbell for squats and go with the SSB.  That said, at this point, I've done enough pressing and want to get back to squatting, so I'll take the hit.


DB hammer curls 45lbs
5x12


DB lateral raises 10lbs
5x15


Notes: Performed in between sets of benching.


NG chins (various grips) 5 minutes
73


T-bar rows
5x1Plate
5x2Plates
5x3Plates
5x4Plates
5x5Plates

And then I tried for 6 plates and the bar came out of the landmine, and everything fell apart, and I figured that was a sign to call it a night.


General notes: Woke up at 194.4.  Stomach was pretty upset today.  Drank some seltzer water drink I had never had before and I wonder if it just didn't settle right.  Seemed to fatigue me a touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment