Friday, June 24, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2161


AM WORKOUT

Treadmill
Running 30:00 at 8.2mph
Incline: 1.5
Distance: 4.1 miles

Notes: This went much better than last time. Didn't look at the clock until 24:00 in. Knee/shin is a little achy, but it's not at the surgical site. I still hate how much I'm running, but I figure it's good to stay this conditioned for as long as I can. In truth, my thought process is that I might have taken a hit to my maximal strength and footspeed during this time, but I can absolutely show up to my next contest with better conditioning than anyone else. If someone is going to try to beat me, I'm going to push the bar so goddamn high that they're going to be crippled for the rest of the contest.

Woke up at 195.4. Wife is running a race tomorrow; we're doing her normal pre-race food ritual, so cheat meal is going to be paused until either tomorrow or next week.



PM WORKOUT


10 minutes EMOM
Odd minute-Backwards prowler w/100lbg keg drag 50'
Even minute-High handle prowler w/100lb keg push 50'

Notes: This was just about the perfect conditioning workout. The backwards sled drag is a little too heavy, and at minute 6 I had to unload the keg because I wasn't able to complete the circuit, so it broke down to half of the circuit w/100lb keg, half without. I think next time I'm going to do

Minute 1: Unloaded backwards prowler drag 50'
Minute 2: 50' run w/100lb keg/load unto prowler
Minute 3: Loaded prowler high handle push 50', unload prowler
Repeat

It'll hit a lot of the things I like while still keeping speed and heart rate solid.

Still, this completely blew me away. I got some of it on video, but my camera died at some point. I'll see if it's worth salvaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment