Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2330


AM WORKOUT


Axle bench
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
5x206
5x241
14x276
20x206


Notes: Weight felt heavy all through warm-ups and into the topset, but the backoff set was really incredible.  Just how it works out sometimes.  I imagine the week without benching might've thrown off my groove.


T-bar rows 210
5x8


DB laterals/rear laterals 25
5x10


Notes: Performed between sets of benching




GIANT SETS


Log clean and push press (clean once) 160
4x6


NG chins w/70lbs
1x5
1x6
1x7
1x6


Hammer curls 40lbs
3x8


Notes: Felt like something was pulling apart in  my left forearm towards the 3rd round, so I cut things short today.  It's feeling pretty achy right now.  Thinking it's just a strain on a muscle.  I'm smart enough to hold off at this point.  The log felt really awesome today.  Thinking putting some real weight on it helped with leg drive.


General notes: Woke up at 195.6.  Been having some GI issues the past day, was affecting me while lifting.  Hitting the whole family, so it might be some sort've bug.  I've been keeping my eyes pealed, and the Empire Classic in Washington has a placeholder for a contest on 22 Apr, so I'm going to keep my schedule available for that weekend as my next show.

No comments:

Post a Comment