Saturday, January 8, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2654


Slept until 0620 and hit a fasted workout of 32 rounds of burpees over bar, 20 seconds on/10 seconds off. Arm is sore from the shot, but otherwise no real issues.


More basics at Tang Soo Do last night. Set up circuit stations to work on stances, punches, kicks and blocks. I am a bad boy and took a little joy in trying my hardest to send the 15 year old senior student flying across the room when they held the kick shield for my reverse punch.


No real plans at this point. I have another press workout that needs doing. Still no real schedule: I’m enjoying the chaos.


PM WORKOUT (1500)


20X320 Buffalo Bar Squats+20x316 axle deadlifts+KB Fran (45lb KBs, strict chins)





Notes: Have a few different name ideas for this one.  One is "Comrade Fran avenges 2 widows", the other is "Stopped at 2 different bars, had 20 shots each, then Comrade Fran took me home"  


But either way, I'm operating on instinct, didn't want to do my lifting workout today, wanted to do the 20 and 20 but make it longer, needed to get in daily work, and this all came together.  After it was done, I also got in 50 dips, 40 reverse hypers, 50 pull aparts, 25 pushdowns and my neck work.  Was definitely feeling the hurt during the intro to Fran.  I was curious if I'd actually get through, but eventually my lungs came back.


I had a REALLY stupid idea of doing Keg Grace on top of this.  That'll happen one day.  I'm thinking just one gigantic gauntlet of WODs chained together, no time limit, just slog through until it's over.



Oh the physique front, I'm looking solid.  I'm getting close to week 2 of diet break, which means I'm past the point of muscles being flat and things are just tightening up again.  Weight belt fits well, clothes are loose where I want them to be.  


I'm trying to prioritize protein whenever given the chance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment