Saturday, January 1, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2647

Got up at 0620 and did a different fasted workout w/45lb KBs


21 thursters

21 strict chins

15 thrusters

15 strict chins

9 thrusters

9 strict chins

15 front squats

15 dips

21 front squats

21 dips


Finished at 11:00. I was all geared up to shovel snow for my workout, but none had fallen, so I figured I’d do something a little different than my traditional burpees over bar. Also not feeling nearly as beat up after deads as I usually do.


Stuff I keep meaning to log and forget. After just a few days of the diet break, my lifting belt is already fitting better. Biggest thing is that the 24/7 bloat I had going on has since gone away. I feel more comfortable in general, which was the goal. I have to watch myself to get out of “fat loss mode” and keep the vector on “diet break”. I’m really good at extremes: moderation is where I struggle.

PM WORKOUT (1500)


30 minute AMRAP


3 front squats with 225

4 log viper presses with 135

5 burpee chins


Finished the 15 round at 31:02.  


Notes: I like this.  It hits different than the Tower or Juarez.  Fatigue strikes early on and hangs through out.  I actually tapped out after that 15th round, contemplating if I should go for more, and told myself to hang it up: I was done.  My conditioning is strong enough that, as I was putting away plates, I had fully recovered and had my doubts, but I've learned to REMEMBER the misery as it's happening rather than tune it out, to help remind me that I put in the work.


This one may hang around.  Might deserve a name.  Didn't require too much set up and had a significant impact.  Those burpee chins thrown in really add a new element to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment