Sunday, January 30, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2676


Ok, I am honestly really proud of how this day went.  It was a crazy day schedulewise and I managed to make everything work.


Slept off and on until 0615. Typically a real good night of sleep buys me a poor one the next day: I’m too rested, haha. Started the morning off with this fasted workout


5 rounds of

10 KB swings w/40kg

10 burpee chins


Buyout: 50 KB swings


20 standing ab wheels


Got the 5 rounds done in 9:04, whole workout in 10:36


From there, had breakfast with the family, and while taking out the trash I knocked out


Axle push press
5x136
3x226

Axle clean each rep and strict press
23x161 in 5:56


Already had the axle loaded up beforehand, so I did that in my pajamas with zero warm-up.  I remembered how to push press finally: actually got my heels to leave the ground and get in some decent leg drive.  The final 2 reps were easier than the first one.  


Got some family photos taken, went out for lunch, came home and had half an hour until we had to leave again to go see a play, so I got this all done in 25 minutes


GIANT SETS (press-dip-raise-pull) Sets 1 and 4: behind the neck press, Sets 2 and 5: DBs, sets 3 and 6: axle.  1 minute rest between sets


BtN Press 130
1x10
1x9

(4) High incline DB bench 85s
1x10
1x7

Axle bench press 241
1x10
1x8


Dips
6xFailure

Lateral raise
5x16x10lbs
1x15

Band pull aparts
6x15


Came home from the play and started making dinner for the family.  While the grill warmed up, I did


Poundstone curls
198xAxle


After dinner, cleaned up the garage/set up for tomorrow's Zeno squat workout and got my reverse hypers, band pushdowns, neck work and GHR done.


Today was absolutely "get to yes".  The 1 minute rests between sets went a long way on the supplemental work.  I also, once again, did zero warm-up, and went into the gym in my jeans.  Stripped off my shirt to keep from getting it dirty, knocked out the work, got changed back in (thankfully too cold to sweat) and headed out.  Hit about the narrowest grip BtN press of my life on the first set because I was rushing, but no harm came of me.  Helluva pump from moving so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment