Saturday, June 4, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2439


Alright, I wanna narrate this, because today was another one of those "getting after it" kinda days where we all crushed it as a family.


Woke up at 0630 and got in a fasted workout of the following


22 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells

50 chins

50 KB swings w/40kg bell



Waited for my kid to get up, watched cartoons together (Super Mario Brother Super Show, as per our Saturday tradition of "Super Mario Saturday", dating back years now, we even wear our Mario pajamas together on Friday night so that we wake up on Saturday ready to go) while we waited for the Mrs to get up.  She does, makes me an awesome breakfast (2 fried eggs with some chicken sausage that I turn into a breakfast burrito with some avocado and other stuff), she then heads out to get the grocery shopping done while I 


Mow/edge lawn for 90 minutes...in the rain.


With an electric mower, because I'm not smart, but it was time to mow the lawn, and I wasn't going to let a thing like nature or conductivity stop me








After that was done, took a shower to get all the wet grass off me just in time for the Mrs to pick me up and take us out to Q'doba for lunch (double pulled pork salad, extra fajita veggies, no shell, no dressing)


Came home, quickly unloaded the car with the groceries, turned right around, dropped the kid off at a birthday party at a gymnastics studio, got back home and had just enough time for


**MONUMENT TO NON-EXISTENCE II**


20x225 front squats

20x225 squats

20x225 deadlifts

20x24kg double KB snatches





I am most pleased with how short the time was between the front squats and the squats.  I legit felt like losing chow for most of the back squat and KB snatches, which is most likely a byproduct of slamming that lunch and quickly hammering the workout.  Also repping the brand there.


Had just enough time to change back into street clothes and get the kid.  Somehow slowed my breathing down enough and stopped sweating so I could look normal.


Dropped the kid off at home (where the Mrs was running 6 miles on the treadmill) so I could do the rest of the grocery shopping (Mrs was doing the bulkstore run, I am getting the fresh foods).


Get it done, come home and make dinner for the family (Hawaiian BBQ chicken, some on the grill, some on the air fryer, and veggies/riced cauliflower).  I overproduce dinner so that my wife can meal prep for the week, and I, in turn, run the air fryer while I'm doing dishes so that I now have piedmontese steak tips for omelets and chicken breasts/asparagus/riced cauliflower for work lunches.


After that's all done, I go run out a bag of lawn waste, only to come back inside the house and find my wife...baking.  Because, like me, she cannot be stopped.


And because of all this work on the front end, we have a full Sunday to ourselves.  I'm celebrating with some piedmontese steaks for the Mrs and I, and a bison chopped steak for the kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment