Sunday, June 5, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2440


Slept off and on until 0615. Got up and got in a fasted workout of 23 ABCs in 5 minutes using 24kg bells followed immediately by burpee chins. I’m really digging a focus on moving onto a new exercise while still absolutely gassed from a previous one. That’s going to have some solid carryover. Switched to EMOMs with the ABCs vs my previous protocol of 40 seconds work/10 seconds rest, meaning I have 5 rounds to work in vs 6, and that might be the new way forward. It’s more palatable to me.


PM WORKOUT


30 stone to shoulders w/135lb stone in 5:45


Immediately throw on 80lb weight vest and walk dog 1 mile in the heat...then carry dog back home because it's too hot for them, making it a 95lb walk back. 


Consequently, my bicep are pretty sore, and I noticed today they're looking probably the most prime they ever had.  Dan John talks about the KB clean building guns, and I don't think he's wrong...especially the way I do them.


Idea behind this was to jack up the heart rate at the start with that stone to shoulder and then ride it out as long as I could with the weighted vest walk.  In an ideal world, I woulda come back from the walk and hit another workout to sandwich it, but I went into triage mode with my dog to get their body temp down.


...which, that little punk, REFUSED to drink water until I gave her her "meat treat" that she gets after every walk.  She takes after me: will die out of spite vs compromise on meat.



Zeno squats on deck tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment