Saturday, June 18, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2453


Slept off and on until 0630 and hit the following workout fasted


5 minutes of ABCs w/24kg bells (23 complexes done)

5 minutes of burpee chins (32 reps)

3 minutes of ABCs w/24kg bells (9 complexes)

Burpee chins until 50 reps complete


Total time: 15:30


PM WORKOUT (1330)


"Monument to Non-Existence II"


18x225 front squat

18x225 squat

18x225 SSB squat

18x225 deadlift





Immediately mow the lawn for 50 minutes


Notes:


* This one was THE gut check.  You can see me pause on the third rep of front squats, and that's because I came VERY close to blacking out and dumping the bar.  The bar slipped on the 18th rep, which you can see in the video as I zercher-rack dump it.  And then those SSB squats...it's been a LONG time since I felt like quitting THAT hard in the middle of a workout.  Took a LOT of lies and Jedi-mind tricks to get through that.  The deads were surprisingly gentle: probably because I had yesterday's workout to compare it to.  THIS is the workout: I NEED this.


* I am VERY proud of how quick I transitioned between movements on this one.  No playing with the belt, no feeling sorry for myself: just charge ahead.


* Night shift on the radar.  Will probably hit a short workout right before I head out, just to get my body primed for activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment