Monday, June 27, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2461


AM WORKOUT (0445 wake up via alarm)


FASTED


5 minutes of ABCs w/50lb dumbbells (20 total...I think)


straight into


100 Devil Presses w/50lb DBs, EMOM do 5 prisoner squats (finished in 29 minutes on the dot)


straight into


5 minutes of ABCs w/50lb DBs (15 total)


straight into


1 minute of burpees (6 total)


for a 40 minute workout



Notes:


* Give me a hotel fitness center with 50lb dumbbells and I will give you something that crushes your soul.  There's bound to be a cute name for this, but if nothing else it reminds me of this Juggernaut scene





You start off with Armor, to Devil strips it all away while you're his prisoner, only for it to all come back again.


* The ABCs are absolutely do-able with the dumbbells, but they're different.  The weight is further forward on the front squat, so it's like a front/zercher combo.  Less speedy/fluid and more taxing. End result is the same; I'm gassed.  


* Every time I do Devil Presses I'm reminded what a great movement they are and that I need to do them more often.  I'm glad my elbows are holding up as well.


* Had to throw in that little cherry at the end of burpees to get my full 40.  They were total trash burpees too, but I earned them.


* Hotel has a free breakfast.  If I wasn't so picky, it would actually be a very decent spread.  But I DID manage to score a bunch of hard boiled eggs that I peeled the whites off of to eat, along with some salsa.  Came back to the room and threw together some canned chicken breasts, powdered peanut butter, greens supplement, combination of macadamia nuts and hazel nuts, a little greek yogurt and some salsa.  For the meat and nut breakfast, I'm trying to channel the idea from Charles Poliquin


---


PM WORKOUT (1700)


100 unbroken burpees in 5:38


Half hour+ walk immediately afterwards


Notes:


* Wanted to get in a little extra activity without changing for the gym, so knocked this out in the hotel room.  Not my fastest time ever, but a super even pace for 100 unbroken.  No lies told to myself, no bargaining, no drama, just knocked them out and headed out the door to ride out the high heart rate.


* I should also celebrate the fact I'm doing this 2 days post strongman comp.  I am REALLY digging being "more trouble than I'm worth".


* Been getting in a solid amount of walking in general.  Something I like to do in a new spot, especially with nothing else to do.


* Hotel room living is still going well as far as nutrition goes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment