Thursday, June 16, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2451


AM WORKOUT (0330 natural wake up)


Log clean and strict press away

5xLog

5x120

5x150

5x170

2x200

4x200


Axle clean and strict press away

14+6+6x141 (12 deep breaths between sets)



GIANT SETS (press/dip-dip-raise-pull) Odd sets BtN press, Even sets dips, 75 seconds between sets


Behind the Neck Press

2x10x120

9x120


Weighted dips

2x10x92.5

9x92.5


Dips

6xFailure


DB lateral raise

4x13x20

2x12x20


Band pull aparts

6x15


20 standing ab wheels

40x90 Reverse hyper

25 pushdowns

Neck work


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING: 


7 rounds of

3 Axle clean and push press away 156lbs

7 burpee chins


In 10:30



Notes:


Head spins were an issue for log this morning.  Came near passing out on both the topsets.  Heat is most likely screwing around with my electrolytes. I’m also eating less food, which means fewer opportunities for salt intake.  Something to watch for.  Managed to get redemption in the follow-up axle sets and the supplemental work.


I am hit and miss logging the fact that I’ve reduced my rest times on the giant sets from 90 seconds to 75.  It’s only 15 seconds, but it definitely makes a difference.


Still a fan of that conditioning workout.  I made it a point to go straight from the burpees to the clean, and straight from the clean to the push press.  My “Monument to Non-Existence” is teaching me the value of killing transition times.  The difference between a clean right after a burpee vs a clean 15 seconds after a burpee is a BIG difference.


I torqued my elbow minorly in Tang Soo Do last night but it seems to have bounced back quicker.  I’m healing, but slowly.


In that regard, planning on an audible tomorrow for deadlift day.  Last week, the max effort pull ripped my elbow in half.  I’m not going to get stronger between now and the comp, and this has already been a great cycle for my pull, so instead of trying to take 475+chains for a ride, I’m thinking of settling in with 405 and going for max reps.   


ABCs on the agenda for later


PM WORKOUT (1800)


25 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kb bells


Notes:


* Hitting 25 so consistently is bonkers.  I was fatigued and hurting AND, in the 4th round, I got 4 instead of 5 before setting down the bells to breathe...which meant I had to get SIX in the final round.  I did in the very last second, which tells me that 26 is absolutely viable with this approach.


* Bar is loaded for deads for tomorrow.  Champing at the bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment