Tuesday, June 28, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2462


AM WORKOUT (0445 wake up via alarm) FASTED


40 minutes of BLACKJACK


20 double DB hang power snatches

1 lateral burpee over DBs

19 snatches

2 burpees

...

6 snatches

15 burpees


Time: 39:45


Finished out 15 snatches to get the ones I missed for a total time of 41:00.  


Notes:


* This is really something.  More of an hour workout than 40 minutes, but I did what I could in the time and definitely rocked myself.  Need something to keep me a little more honest on time between reps as I go.  Always potential to turn this into a Kalsu like workout too.  Great possibilities.  I appreciate how time moves fast on something like this.


* Even "hang power snatch" doesn't quite capture the ugliness of what I was doing with these dumbbells, but they were going from between by legs to over my head for every rep.  For the life of me, there's nothing better for getting stronger and better conditioned than putting something over your head.


* ABCs on the agenda today, and contemplating paying up on those 90 burpees I owe.


PM WORKOUT (1645)


5 minutes of ABCs w/50lb DBs (22 total)

100 burpees in 6:43

1 hour walk


Notes: 


* Getting a little better with the DBs, but the front squat on them is still a new animal.  Decided to get those burpees in afterall, and hitting them after ABCs was a fantastic challenge.  Went walking to ride out the high heart rate, although the truth is my conditioning is so bonkers these days that, by the time I got out of the hotel, I felt recovered.


No comments:

Post a Comment