Friday, June 10, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2445


AM WORKOUT (0335 wake up via alarm)


(2) Texas Deadlift Bar touch and go Mat Pulls

5x155+chains

2x225+chains

1x315+chains

1x405+chains

7+3+3x475+chains (12 deep breaths between sets)


25 pushdowns


12 rounds EMOM: odd sets deficit deads, even sets SSB


(3) Deficit deadlifts

2x8x315

4x7x315


SSB Squats

2x8x205

4x7x205


All of the following with no rest between movements: shrug-shrug-pull-neck-hyper-abs


Axle shrug against short strong bands

1x42


KB kelso shrugs

15x24kg


50 band pull aparts


Neck work


Reverse hyper

45x360


20 standing ab wheels


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING: 


Ladders of 40kg KB swings and burpee chins: Do 1 swing, then 1 chin, then 2 and 2, up to 5 and 5, then start over at 1


I got through 3 full ladders and then up to 2 and 2 w/in 10 minutes


30 GHRs


Notes:


A drop in numbers but a rise in effort on those mat pulls.  Left some of my soul in the garage this morning.  Contributing factor is the right elbow is just in agony.  Having the bar pull against it is a bit rough, and I’m a tough apprehensive on fully committing myself.  Everything moved well, and hips are feeling solid, so overcoming that will put me in a good way.  I’m most likely going to ease off the sandbag, as that seems to be the biggest contributor.  Saw natural stones on the menu for the competition, so that bodes well for me.


That EMOM workout went awesome.  I’m really pleased with the results I’m getting there.  Lower back isn’t nearly as bound up, and my heart and lungs are ready to explode when it’s done.


Still digging the technique change on the shrugs.  See it having a lot of carryover.


I was real short on time with the conditioning workout, so what I got there was nice.  Dan John talks about level changes a lot, and I think there’s a ton of value there.  If I were to do it again, I’d throw in some sort of “catfish” movement at the top of each minute to spike the heart rate.  Snatches or thrusters or something wicked like that.


Tang Soo Do later tonight, with my ABCs to be had.


PM WORKOUT

23 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells


Got a stripe on my belt in Tang Soo Do tonight.  Mrs did too.  We're still advancing along just fine.  My elbow is still really sore, but it'll find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment