Tuesday, June 21, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2456


AM WORKOUT (0310 natural wake up)


25 pushdowns


Axle continental and push press away

5xAxle

5x136

5x186


Axle continental each rep and push press

3x186 in 1 minute


Axle clean each rep and strict press

9x136 in 1 minute


GIANT SETS (press-dip-raise-pull) 75 seconds between sets: sets 1 and 4-trap bar, sets 2 and 5-bench, sets 3 and 6-incline


Trap bar press

10x135

9x135


Axle bench press

10x236

9x236


(3) Incline DB bench

10x85s

8x85s


Dips

6xFailure


Plate lateral raise

6x16x10lbs


Band pull aparts

6x15


Poundstone curls

208xAxle


Straight into…


Reverse hyper: 40x90lbs

30 standing ab wheels


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING:


11 minutes as many rounds as possible of


2-3 Axle clean and push press away

7 Burpee chins

Notes:


• My right trap is still all kinds of jacked up. Actually asked for a massage from the Mrs last night, which is a rarity for me. Helped a bit. Made pressing interesting. I’ve cut the weight down being this close to the comp and just focused on getting in some reps, and playing around with approaches. I’m feeling strong enough. Right elbow is getting better and better. It still does NOT like this, but it bounces back quick, and I think coming in warm and fed will make a big difference.


• While I’m coming up with excuses, heat continues to be a fun variable. I am soaked by the end of these workouts.


• I still love the magic of this conditioning workout I’ve cooked up. I’ve made my focus to reduce the time between the last burpee and the first clean as much as possible, which results in some sets where I only manage 2 push presses vs 3, but I’m willing to make that sacrifice. I am absolutely floored within 10 minutes.


• An interesting datapoint: I went to bed weighing 187.6. I woke up at 187lbs. That was legit “woke up” weight. Afterwards, I performed all the bathroom activities, had a pre-training breakfast of a slice of keto toast with some sunflower butter, trained, had my post workout shake along with some green tea with Metamucil, took my shower, and weighed myself at 181.0. So a 6lb delta in the span of about 2 hours. My level of leanness is right about where I was at 177/all time leanest, so once again, the scale tells A story, but it’s not even a particularly good one.


• ABCs on the horizon and that should close out the day.


PM WORKOUT (1800)


**26** ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells


Notes:


* Did it again, and really I think there's room for 27 in there.  My hips are feeling a touch bit up, and my neck and traps are a total mess, but my ability to perform remains.  Rock on.


* Prowler is loaded up in the truck for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment