Tuesday, June 14, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2449


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up)


Axle continental and push press away

5xAxle

5x156

2x206 (1 rep PR from last week)

1x206


Axle clean each rep and strict press

19x156 in 6:20


GIANT SETS (press-dip-raise-pull): Sets 1 and 4: trap bar, 2 and 5: incline, 3 and 6: flat bench


Trap bar press

10x135

9x135


(3) Incline DB bench

10x85

8x85


Axle flat bench

10x235

7x235


Dips

6xFailure


Plate lateral raise

3x16x10lbs

3x15x10


Band pull aparts

6xFailure


25 pushdowns


Poundstone Curls

207xAxle


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING:


10 minutes, AMRAP of


3 Axle clean and push press away w/156lbs

7 burpee chins


6 full rounds, timed out in the 7th


30 GHRs


Notes:


• My elbow legit felt like it split in half on the second rep of 206. Was the only thing preventing me from going for more, because other than that it was a good set. My continental has gotten faster. It’s legit just an issue of coming in to this “cold”. I can feel the issue mending over time, it’s just taking a while, primarily because I’m abusing it so frequently. Deadlift workout this week will most likely push it hard again, but we’ll see. The conditioning I’ve been including has been giving me a chance to groove in a few more reps.


• The strict presses afterwards were much more productive than last week. Smooth pop on the cleans and the pressing was strong. Actually went 5lbs heavier than I was supposed to, primarily because I didn’t want to use different plates.


• Giant sets felt pretty strong. Remembering all my tricks for benching.


• Garage is still an oven, and the heat is definitely making fatigue shine through. Really felt it on the conditioning. I was dying early in the second round. Made a point to minimize time between the last burpee and the first clean. Sometimes it robbed the presses, but met the goal of gassing me.


• ABCs later, prowler tomorrow, weather is supposed to cool down slightly.


• I am getting excited to gain again, which shows just how beneficial these breaks are, because I know I was sick of gaining when I was done. I feel my body just itching to grow, and it’s hard to shut it down so often. I’m the master of self-denial, but I recognize when the system is fired up. I went through and figured out the squat TM I wanna use for Beefcake. If I want to end my second cycle squatting 405 for 5x10 (and I really REALLY do), I’ll need a TM of 540lbs. That may mean using bare minimum reps, or 3s pro for the main work. Great time to learn some lessons.


PM WORKOUT


24 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells


Notes:


* I am really firing on all cylinders here.  24 in a tired/fatigued state is awesome.  I definitely have some room to grow.


* I meant to mention that, this morning, I found a lat vein.  This is when I've reached "this is getting stupid" levels of lean.  Saw my second ab vein a few days prior as well.  It's all been nickel and dime changes getting me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment