Saturday, September 17, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2542


Had some bad thunderstorms this morning. Dog got up at 0540 and wouldn’t go back to sleep, so I took them downstairs and used the time to get in a fasted 2 rounds of PBJs. 3 complexes the first round, 2 complexes the second. I really struck gold with this combo, and it’s once again why experimenting is so valuable. I discovered this pairing by running the 10k swing challenge and thinking about what I’d use to fill the gaps, and in doing so landed on what is currently my answer to all questions. How outstanding.


PM WORKOUT


Mixed it up a little this week




20x135 thruster
20x135 front squat
20x135 squat
20x135 SSB squat
20x135 deadlift
20 burpee chins

Notes:

* The skeleton here is good: just needs some tweaking.  Those thrusters are right on the money for the start, and going straight into the front squats after that is fantastic.  From there, the squats and SSB squats are a little flat, and the deadlifts were more agonizing on the back vs taxing the whole body.  I feel like the right call is to add reps to the squats and weight to the SSB squats, even if that breaks the whole "135" thing I got going.  Those burpee chins got throw in at the end to break back some intensity, but if I want to be cheeky I could actually throw on a 40lb vest to achieve a 225lb bodyweight.

I ALSO had a thought of being an absolute and total lunatic and 21-15-9 on this some day.


Forearm is the new thing that hurts.  Bicep is getting better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment