Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Training Log: Entry 2532

AM WORKOUT (0310 Natural Wake up, high quality night of sleep)

**5/3/1 FOR HARDGAINERS** Week 2, workout 2

**MAIN WORK**

Axle strict press from rack
5xAxle
5x121
5x141
5x161

Superset w/5x10 band pull aparts\

**SUPPPLEMENTAL/ASSISTANCE**

10 rounds of

* 5 log viper presses w/120lbs
* 10 dips
* 5 NG chins

Time: 17:58

PROWLER


* 1 trip there and back low handles w/50
* 1 trip there and back high handles w/90
* 1 trip there and back harness w/150
* 1 trip there and back backwards drag w/150

Time: 24:30


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

Poundstone curls
226xAxle

20 standing ab wheels
25 pushdowns


Notes:


* Left bicep still tender.  I’m not fully convinced that I’m dealing with a complete tear/rupture, just based on what I CAN still do with it, but I’m definitely playing with fire.  Axle cleans were a no go, but I could work the log as long as I took it slow, which creates its own kind of Hell.  The circuit was challenging and achieved that metabolic effect I was looking for.  

* Prowler work was top notch.  Really digging that aspect of this programming.  Once again, Jim is a genius; make a hard gainer program that includes work that jacks up the metabolism and makes you hungry.  Awesome single leg work too.  I ended up dropping a 45lb plate onto my left foot at the end of the workout, and it’s tender, but nothing broken.  Between that, the bicep, the shoulder and the elbow, my whole left side is a horror show.  Good thing I have two sides.

* Still weird for me to not end with some sort of conditioning, but considering the supplemental circuit AND the prowler, it’s pretty much all conditioning anyway.  And I’ll get in some burpee chins or swings or something later.

* Schedule will be a little whacky this week.  Going to do all the lifting back to back, and then push the conditioning to the weekend.


PM WORKOUT

158 40kg swings in 5:00

Notes: Just mixing things up.  Was getting into ruts and I imagine some of my nagging injuries are reflecting that.  Body by chaos.


HEALTH UPDATE


Alright, I got the most AWESOME health report card of my life.  Ever since starting my journey for restoring my heart health back in 2020 I've gone through a lot of Hell.

For reference, the report that launched 1000 chicken breasts is as follows

Total: 300
LDL: 200
HDL: 80
Triglycerides: 50


Today was

Total: 181
LDL (direct): 63
HDL: 110 (WTF?!  That's nuts!)
Triglycerides: 30

Now, they have something labeled LDL that is 124, and that's different than LDL direct, but given my total number, I have a feeling that's not being factored in.


This is pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're healthy and somehow performing better than ever mate. Your transformation in the past 2 years has been nuts.

    ReplyDelete