Wednesday, September 7, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2533


AM WORKOUT (0327 natural wake up)


**5/3/1 FOR HARDGAINERS** Week 2, Workout 3


**MAIN WORK**


Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x186
5x206
5x5x236

5x10 band pull aparts between sets

Ran like a circuit: Bench-pull-bench-pull-etc

**PROWLER ASSISTANCE**

* Low handles there and back w/50lbs
* High handles there and back w/90
* Harness there and back w/140
* Backwards drag there and back w/140

Time: 24:30

**UPPERBODY ASSISTANCE/CONDITIONING**

100 burpee chins w/20lb vest




Time: 18:10

Lateral raise dropset

20x20lbs
20x15
20x10
20x5
20x2.5
20xEmpty hands

Notes: 

* Speeding through the main work on bench was a good call: made the challenge level appropriate.

* Prowler continues to be a great feature in this program.  And low handles are an awesome addition.

* The vest was a gamechanger on those burpee chins.  Next time, I need to wear a sleeved shirt, as it was chaffing my skin a touch around the shoulders.  I might also consider putting some pavers where my hands hit on the push-ups to keep the ROM a touch more legit, as the vest adds a little bulk to the chest, but I wasn’t hurting for stimulus there.

* After everything was done, I just played around with a dumbbell with my left side to push through painful spots on the ROM.  I’m actually thinking of doing something like that for my conditioning later today.  Reminds me of something I heard Jamie Lewis talk about for cutting weight.  He just went into a sauna with a bunch of sweats on and danced really hard to get sweat going.  I was basically just spazzing out with a DB in my hand, slinging it around and trying to “catch” my bicep at weird angles.  Similar to “heavy hands”.  We’ll see.


PM WORKOUT

Got in TABEARTA, so the bicep is good enough. Waiting on Tang Soo Do now. Bar is loaded for deadlifts tomorrow. Mrs and I are actually having a Taco Bell date night tomorrow as well, to relive some college memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment