Tuesday, September 20, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2545


AM WORKOUT (0333 natural wake up)

**5/3/1 FOR HARDGAINERS** Week 4, Workout 2

**MAIN WORK**

Axle clean and press away

5xAxle
5x136
5x156
5x176 (out of rack)

5x10 band pull aparts supersetted

**SUPPLEMENTAL/ASSISTANCE**

10 rounds of

* 5 log vipers w/135
* 5 chins (various grips)
* 10 dips

Time: 19:50

**PROWLER**

* 1 length w/low handles, come back w/high handles w/50lbs loaded
* 1 length w/low handles, come back w/high handles w/90lbs loaded
* 1 length w/harness, come back w/backwards drag w/140lbs loaded

Time: 19:00

**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

Poundstone curls
227xAxle




20 standing ab wheels
40x90 reverse hyper
25 pushdowns

Notes:

* First press workout in quite a while where I walked away without getting hurt in some way, so that’s a blessing.  Had to be smarter and decided not to push the axle cleans too hard.  I took to doing some explosive rows for a few reps before I did the clean, just to get my body primed to move in that manner.  It’s the turn over that does me in, primarily because, with the axle, the turn over is really just man handling the axle into position.  Might be a season to take to doing more continentals.  But the log was the right call for the metabolic effect I was going for, because I was hurting and sweating on that supplemental circuit.  Perhaps I’m due to just do a long cycle of log work and leave the axle for supplemental and conditioning to maintain a feel for it.

* Was good to use a variety of grips on the chins.  The bicep is feeling better, while the forearm remains dorked up.  Small victories.

* Really like being able to take the low handles so much harder on the prowler.  That’s the work that really transforms you.  I’m technically cutting things short on required work there, but I’ll take that 1 minute.

* Poundstones, if nothing else, are proof that my arms are still capable.


PM WORKOUT


To the shock of no one, I get in TABEARTA after work.


Weight vest has 40lbs loaded for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment