Thursday, September 29, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2554

AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up)

**5/3/1 FOR HARDGAINERS** Week 5, Workout 3

**MAIN WORK**

Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x186
5x211
5x5x241 w/sets of 10 pull aparts

No rest between sets: bench-pull apart-bench, repeat until done

25 pushdowns

**PROWLER WORK**

* There and back low handles w/50lbs
* There and back high handles w/90lbs
* There w/harness, back reverse drag w/140lbs
* There low handles, back high handles unloaded

Time: 21:10

**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

**UPPER BODY ASSISTANCE/CONDITIONING**

100 burpee chins w/50lb vest


Time: 29:10

Notes:

* After having all those plantar warts carved out of my right foot yesterday, things are a little interesting.  Couldn’t get much leg drive on the bench, and couldn’t get a good posture on the prowler, so I adapted.  However, it’s honestly my left serratus/pec that is causing issues.  I’m in agony, and breathing is tough.  Unracking the bench was the hardest part, and starting each chin on the burpee chins was tough.

* Pleased with my ability to just knock out the bench main work, and ending the prowler with that unloaded sprint has been a good finisher.

* The burpee chins were absolutely a bad idea, but it’s the one thing that excites me on this day.  I allowed myself to take it slow and just get through it.  By the 20 minute mark, I had 72 done, so if I wanted to play by my own rules, that’s the number to beat.

PM WORKOUT

Got TABEARTA knocked out.  My serratus/pec is in agony and breathing is tough.  If deads are a no-go tomorrow, I'll come up with something wicked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment