Monday, September 19, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2544


AM WORKOUT (0335 wake up via alarm)

**5/3/1 FOR HARDGAINERS** Week 4, Workout 1 SEMI-FASTED: half serving of Surge beforehand, half serving during

**MAIN WORK**


Box jumps

1x3
1x4
1x3


Buffalo bar Squats

5xBar
5x195
5x265
5x320
5x365
8x410

**ASSISTANCE**

* 5 rounds of 7x125 t-bar rows/7x55lb KB clean each rep and press
* 5 rounds of 6x125 t-bar rows/6x55lb KB clean each rep and press
* 4 rounds of 5x125 t-bar rows/5x55lb KB clean each rep and press

90 seconds rest between rounds

**SUPPLEMENTAL+ASSISTANCE**


Buffalo bar squat

23x320




Straight into


Belt Squat stripset (no rest/lockout)

18x200

Reps of 175, 150, 125, 100, 75, 50, 25 and axle


40x360 reverse hyper

30 standing ab wheels

30 GHRs


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**


**CONDITIONING**


16 rounds of tabata burpee chins while putting plates away between rounds


25 pushdowns


Notes:

* This day tends to be the one I’m most jazzed about on the program, which makes it a good way to start the week.  PR squats, the complexes/circuits in the middle, and a widowmaker.  I feel like that’s just a solid program in general, and it’s a bit faster than some of the other stuff.

* Still trying to find that top end strength.  My diet break coming up will be good for that.

* Hitting a widowmaker after that conditioning circuit is a whole other animal.  I’m coming in really hurt/gassed, and being able to fight through it is fantastic.  It’s also the closest I come to puking during squats.

* Upped the weight on the circuit just a touch and it made a huge difference.  Amazing how the little changes add up.  In addition, torqued my forearms on the very first clean of the kettlebells, but bicep was feeling healthy through out.  Little things.

* I was totally gassed come conditioning time.  I knew I wasn’t getting anything productive done after 16 rounds.


Got TABEARTA in the PM.  Was going to take out the stone, but my forearm and bicep were giving me warning signs.  Prowler is loaded up for tomorrow.  We'll see if axle cleans are in my future, otherwise, log will come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment