Wednesday, June 9, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2447


PM WORKOUT (1500)


30 thrusters w/135lbs


4:19


Notes: Something quick and intense: just what I wanted.  And now the bar is preloaded for back day. DEEP WATER BEGINNER Week 3, Workout 5 (Out of order)


AM WORKOUT (0305 natural wake up)


Juarez Valley front squats 225 w/5 six count burpees between sets

14

1

12*

2

10*

3

8

4

6

5


Time: 23:35


Transition immediately to EMOM daily work w/4 single arm KB swing buy in


12 rounds


Transition immediately to


Belt squat stripset (no rest)

30x150

4x125

5x100

4x75

5x50

4x25

5xAxle


Notes: Definitely feeling the effects of how hard I’ve been training. 225 felt much heavier than it had any right to, but got the 14 reps clean at the start. Asterisk indicates sets where I had to rack the bar to get in all the reps: in both cases it was the final 3 reps. Legs were there, but guts weren’t. Big contributor was the heat and humidity in the garage: was going full on tomato mode with how red my body was getting, at this is at 0330. Excellent opportunity to overcome. As a strongman competitor, I always felt like this was an advantage I had over my peers that trained in gyms with climate control. I was definitely moving slow through it all, but the heart rate was going fast, which is what matters.


Got Tang Soo Do tonight, and plan to get in some quick conditioning workout when I get off work. Going out for some Mexican food tonight.


Meant to log yesterday, but I’m really appreciating how Deep Water is making me do single leg work, because I don’t do it on my own and that’s really stupid of me. I tend to not like single side work since it takes longer than bi-lateral work, but for the legs the juice seems worth the squeeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment