Sunday, June 27, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2464


FRIDAY


DEEP WATER WEEK 6, WORKOUT 1


AM WORKOUT (0530 wake up via dog)


Texas Deadlift Bar TnG deadlifts

10x10x385 (2:00 between sets)


Notes: Took another dead stop on the final rep of the final set. Coming into this first thing in the morning, after a day of traveling, a day after 500 burpees, after a week away from weights, was absolutely what I needed. I have conquered the beginner program. Day was crazy so I split things up, as demonstrated below.


LUNCHTIME WORKOUT


SSB lunges 140

3x10


Tang Soo Do belt test (1300-1400)


Very limited physical training component, followed by extensive drilling of basics, then forms, then one steps, and followed up with board breaks. Broke my first board in 18 years. Like riding a bike.


PM WORKOUT (1700)


Buffalo Bar Squat 280-chin-dips

10

5

15


Time: 5:28


Notes: Did this WOD to get in the required squat technique reps and some extra work. Daily work has slipped the past 2 days, but I get in what I can where I can when I can. Did this bare shirted, and given that I did my 500 burpees while a documentary on Berserkers played in the background, it seems fitting.


My headspace is the best it’s been in a LONG while, and this is the second time that’s happened on Deep Water. There’s gotta be something to crushing workouts and a meat heavy diet causing a spike in anabolism, but whatever the case, this has been a stellar “cure” for what ails me. I gotta finish out this week, then roll straight into intermediate.



No comments:

Post a Comment