Saturday, April 2, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2088

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x123
5x143
3x163
8x183
8x163
9x143
5x10x123

Notes: Good day on the press. Meant to document that I haven't been using a belt on these (or anything for that matter). Operating theory is that, by keeping my core less stable, it will mean greater chance of instability occurring in my core rather than my knee. No idea if that makes sense, but sometimes things don't have to make sense to work.

DB rows 105
1x5
1x6
1x7
1x8
1x9
1x10
1x9
1x8

Kelso shrugs
2x3x105
3x10x50

Notes: Sets in between sets of pressing. DB rows were done in a strict style. Still figuring things out on the kelso shrugs, but the lighter weight made more sense.

Axle curls
1x130

Notes: These absolutely destroyed me today. Woudla figured the time away from grip training meant I was better prepped for these.

Band pushdowns
1x50

Kroc rows 105
1x20

Notes: Performed with straps. Not to my absolute limit, but pretty close. Very pleased to see I haven't lost a step on these. All this time training rows strictly has made it easier to understand how to employ these.

General notes: Woke up at 196.0. Honestly don't know what my goal is with my weight gain. This has been a very successful run, and I seem to be putting on primarily muscle based off of my observations in the mirror and my general fitness (I tend to assess based off of ability to continue to do bodyweight movements at similar numbers and impact on running). Guess I'll keep riding it until it stops. I figure once I can train my lower body for real I'll see a big spike.

No comments:

Post a Comment