Saturday, April 23, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2108


Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x123
5x148
3x168
7x188
7x168
7x148

DROPSET
13x113
7x93
7x73
7x53
7xAxle

Notes: First day with the dropset protocol. Liking the approach, even with the babyweights. I'm thinking of cutting out my descending sets from 5/3/1 and just making them part of the dropset so I can get some more weight moving. Left shoulder is really junked up; think I'm dealing with an impingement again. This is the second time I got one after pressing twice a week; maybe now I will learn.

Kelso shrugs 50lb DBs
5x12

Notes: Performed between sets of presses. Meant to note that I'm going super old school by standing up and placing my forehead on the pad of an incline bench to keep myself properly situated.

NG chin DROPSET
6x105
5X80
5X55
5X30
10XBW

Notes: Right elbow wasn't liking this. I was pleased with the weight moved, but not with the lat contraction.

Axle curls
1x160

Band pushdowns
1x50

Kroc rows 105
1x32

General notes: Woke up at 196.0. Honestly wasn't really happy with how this day broke down programmingwise. Felt like I left a lot in the gym. Didn't really have the intensity I'd like to go with the low volume. I'm thinking I'll ride this out for a month just to give my body a break and then go back to what I know works.

On an injury update related aside; carried my wife from the couch to the bedroom with no knee snafu.

2 comments:

  1. Things you do in a home gym that you wouldn't do in a commercial gym

    >standing up and placing my forehead on the pad of an incline bench to keep myself properly situated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, amazingly I got that idea right out of Kelso's Shrug Book, which had movements performed in the commercial gym. Apparently it was an old school way to maintain your back angle during bent over rows.


      And considering all the crazy crap I see people do in a commercial gym, I wouldn't even bat an eye, haha.

      Delete