Monday, April 18, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2103




Single legged SSB box squats 305+chains
1x14+1


(0) SSB box squats
1x100




Notes: Was feeling much better coming into this today compared to last week, but that set of 14 was really balls out. Ideally, I'd have done 6 more on the rest pause to make it 20, but I could tell that I was pushing into dangerous territory due to how much my leg was trembling.  Just going to keep slowly progressing at this point.


I've now hit 100 reps off of the box with no added patio pavers. I think my next step forward is to reset it to 7 mats, throw some chains on the bar and very slowly add some weight while increasing the ROM. This has been a good way of keeping me from getting too far off the throttle.  I've also considered reverse bands as a way forward, due to how they'll help with the traction of the bar along with taking pressure off the knee at it's most vulnerable position. Few ways forward here.




Blast strap fallout hold
2:10




Axle deadlifts 66lbs
1x100




Reverse hypers 100lbs
5x10



Notes: Need to make sure to "rock" the first rep up, rather than just go straight from a deadstop to the top of the concentric.  Takes pressure off the surgical site.






General notes: Woke up at 195.0.  Been very warm the past few days.  Knee is less puffy from yesterday's run. Left shoulder is pretty achy; think I was right on the verge of another impingement from all the pressing. Changing programming at a good rate.



No comments:

Post a Comment