Wednesday, November 2, 2016


Training Log: Entry 2263


AM WORKOUT


Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
5x226
5x241
3x276
7x306
10x241


Notes: My shoulders are feeling pretty beat.  The 2 days a week of pressing is creeping up on me, as I predicted. The set of 7 on 306 was still a great set, but I need to start scaling stuff back and getting smarter as I'm now 1 month out from the show. Assistance work is gonna peel back a touch.


NG chins (various grip widths)
35
30
35


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: First set of 35 chins was continuous.  Rest had resting as needed. Just getting sick of chins and trying to get them done quickly.  All of this was performed between sets of benching.




GIANT SETS


Axle push press 193
1x6
3x5


DB rows 105
4x10


DB reverse curls 35
4x9


Notes: Push press technique is getting dialed in, even if my shoulders are achy. I kept the volume on the low side today to see if it'll facilitate some recovery.




General notes: Woke up at 193.0.  Everything is feeling a little beat up right now. I'm right on that razor's edge of contest prep between peaking and burning out.  As long as I'm smart, I should be ok.


PM WORKOUT

GRIP WORK

CoC #2 timed hold
45 seconds right hand
35 seconds left hand

CoC #1 Timed Hold
60 seconds

Notes: Upping the intensity here as I get closer.  Grip feels like it's really coming along.  I'm learning how to really hold on past the point of discomfort, pain and burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment