Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2269


AM WORKOUT


SSB Squat
5xBar+chains
5x115+chains
5x155+chains
3x205+chains
1x245+chains
1x295+chains
1x335+chains
1x385+chains
2x425+chains (Post op/Lifetime PR)
5x335+chains


Notes: I think my new approach to this is gonna work out well.  Going ME for these essentially, with a backoff set.  There was some comfort in not worrying about rep PRs and just seeing how hard I could strain.  The 425 was heavy and I folded over a bunch, but I managed it.  It's technically a lifetime PR, because I've never used that much weight with 3 sets of chains before.  Definitely a post-op PR.  Knee/shin splint held out well.  This movement isn't as intense as a straight barbell squat. Back-off set was tough; think I gave the ME set my all and didn't have much left in the tank.  Might try a few back offs to build up volume in the future.  Just strip 45s as I go, or something like that.




Reverse hypers 330
4x9


Standing ab wheel
4x8


Notes: Both done in between sets of squats.


Buffalo bar squats
20x230


Notes: Slight audible called due to having to skip last week's session.  Whenever I skip a week and then come back, my hamstrings tend to get so sore that I can't function for a week, which just retards my progress.  Thinking that getting in an early/intense workout might prevent that.




General notes: Woke up at 195.8.  Been seeing some big spikes, but this tends to happen after rice.  I'll see if I end up losing a lot of it. If not, the extra weight this close to a contest is kinda nice.  I'm feeling a little more stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment