Monday, November 7, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2268


AM WORKOUT


Axle Strict Press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x166
3x186
1x206 (w/1 push press rep afterwards)


Axle Push Press
2x246


Axle Strict Press
9x166


Notes: Good day.  I whiffed the first rep of the heavy axle push press, but got my head back on straight and was able to get out those last 2.  Last 1 was a total grinder, but those are good for me. Gives me more confidence.  The leg drive bugs my shin a little, but nothing unmanageable. The new hooks I got for the power rack are a boon.  I think it's going to open up a lot more training opportunities. Dropped the massive dropset for now, as I think all that volume was partially what was wrecking my shoulders.  Good off season stuff, but can't deal with it right now this close to the show.


Lat pulldowns 140
5x15


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Performed between sets of pressing.  I'm keeping the pulldown weight the same and shooting for less rest between reps.  Just doing the bodybuilding thing right now and worrying more about contraction than weight moved.


Dips (upright)
50 reps


Axle rows 136
65 reps


Notes: Same protocol as last week; just shooting for rep goals.  No straps.


Axle curls
1x100


Notes: The rows take a lot out of my arms, so the reps are getting cut down on these.




General notes: Woke up at 194.4.  Shin continues to improve, but my desire to completely obliterate it scales linearly with it's healing process.  I can't tell if it's some sort of inherent self-destructiveness or if I'm actually trying to get stronger.  I'm also going off seasons crazy already, which is usually a sign that I've been doing a good job of sticking with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment