Monday, November 28, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2289

AM WORKOUT


Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
6x136
5x166
3x191
1x211 (+1 push press)

Axle push press
2 attempts at 256
1 attempt at 256


Axle strict press
10x166


Notes: The topset of 211 was one of the smoothest reps on strict press I've had in a while. Good to see my strength isn't fading there.  I think I'm still going to prioritize it after this contest.  Those attempts of 256 were some of the best I had, and on the very last one I was SO close to breaking past my sticking point and locking it out.  I didn't wear elbow sleeves for any of this, and that alone mighta been what I needed.  Didn't get to hit it before the show, so I'll have to impress myself come gameday, but I'm more confident now than when I started at least.


Did sets of 20 pull aparts between everything else on this workout.  Last workout before the contest; didn't want to do anything too stupid.


Woke up at 195.4 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment