Thursday, November 17, 2016


Training Log: Entry 2278


AM WORKOUT


Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
3x231
3x261
10x296
15x231


Notes: Really happy with this performance.  Those were 10 smooth and clean reps of 296.  I'm getting to the point where I normally stall out and die on benching, and things are finally moving smoothly.  I have to fight all the temptation I have to abandon what is working.  I really want to run the "Building the Monolith" program, but bench rep PRs are getting me where I need to do.  Just gonna keep riding things out until they stop working.


DB rows 105
4x10


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Performed between sets of benching.  Trying out something different, with rows at the start of the workout vs chins.  I'm just so over chins at this point.


Axle push press
4x2x226
1x4x206


superset w/


DB reverse curls 35
5x11


Notes: Second rep of each set was better than the first.  Really need to focus on actually driving with the legs through the axle.  When I did that, it was more like a jerk, whereas the first rep had a lot of pressing out to do.  If nothing else, if I whiff on my first attempt with the weight in the show, I know I'll have it in me to regather and try again.


NG chins (various grips)
50 reps total




General notes: Woke up at 195.0.  A full year post op.

No comments:

Post a Comment