Friday, December 3, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2618

THURSDAY


AM WORKOUT (0315 natural wakeup) FASTED


80 minutes of walking with an 80lb vest on


Daily work of

50 chins

20 standing ab wheels

25 GHRs

40 reverse hypers w/50lbs

50 pull aparts

25 pushdowns

Neck harness


Notes: Taking it easy on the hurt parts. It’s nice getting out early in the morning and being out in the elements. The vest takes away from the ability to really be “mindful”, but I still appreciate it. Going to just go conditioning heavy until I feel ready to push the squats again. I’m honestly pretty excited about going “off plan” at this point, which is most likely a sign it’s time to do just that. I learned a lot from this cycle, and I’ll be able to carry these lessons forward. Big thing is I was letting ego get in the way and a bit too worried about weight on the bar, but the other thing is I learned just how valuable jumps are before squats. Definitely carrying that forward.


At Tang Soo Do last night, we worked basics and then broke out sais for everyone. We worked through some forms using sais. It was a nice way to re-think movement mechanics. My wife loved it: said it tapped into her TMNT fantasies from childhood. She no joke wants to eat a slice of pizza off a sai: I feel like it’s my husbandly duty to obtain sais for her now to make that happen.


On the subject of injury: what’s cool about being strong is, even when you’re “injured”, you can STILL do so much stuff. I just have to be willing to deviate from the plan.


On the subject of eating: my nutrition is becoming more and more instinctive these days, which is awesome. I basically re-wired my instincts when it comes to eating. I instinctively gravitate toward whie meat vs red, toward nut butters and nuts instead of cheeses, toward avocados instead of sour cream, etc. Not about cravings, but more just about auto-piloting.


No comments:

Post a Comment