Monday, December 20, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2635


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 5, Workout 6 


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up)


Log viper presses (all reps from the floor)

15x135


Weighted NG chins

6x72.5lbs


Buffalo Bar Squats

5xBar

5x140

5x245

5x305

5x350

5x395


Band pull aparts

2x50


Axle shrugs against bands

85 against short average bands+15 against light bands


Buffalo Bar Squats

31x305





50 dips

25 pushdowns

40 reverse hypers w/50lbs


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING


100 KB swings w/40kg bell, EMOM do 5 burpees


Got it done inside of 6 minutes



Notes: This was a great training day.  I woke up sore and bruised in weird places from Ninja Warrior-ing, but it didn't slow me down any.  I actually started the workout with 1 set of 5 box jumps, and it opened up my hips so well that I really just need to make it a point to always do a jump before I squat.  Difference is night and day.


Way I structured this workout was to double up on presses.  Do I would press-squat-chin-press-load plates on the squat bar-press-squat-chin-press, etc.  It was a good workout that way and made this move fast.


Really happy with how hard I pushed the widowmaker today.  Got past my normal point of turn around.  My breathing seems to be the significant factor for feeling like I'm going to vomit, so something to watch for.


That burpee/swing thing went really well.  Have to remember that.



Tang Soo Do sparring night tonight.  Should be a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment